We are seeking a full-time Hygienist in our Astoria Arrow Dental Clinic, located at 433 30th St Astoria, OR. This position is responsible for promoting dental health by completing dental prophylaxis; providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies; charting conditions of decay and disease; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Arrow Dental, a Moda Health subsidiary, primarily serves Medicaid patients. This is to help the community with the large population of Medicaid members that became Medicaid eligible due to the Affordable Care Act.
1. Prepare treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols
2. Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing and seating patient
3. Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests
4. Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment
5. Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient's oral health
6. Completes dental prophys and periodontal scaling and root planning as appropriate
7. Completes periodontal charting and takes radiographs
8. Applies fluoride and other cavity-preventing agents as necessary
9. Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by cleaning and polishing removable
10. Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies
11. Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative
12. Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital sign and medical and dental histories;
charting in patient records
13. Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
14. Maintains safe and clean working environment; complies with procedures, rules, and regulations
15. Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols
16. Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements;
follows manufacturer's instructions; maintains equipment inventories
17. Maintains hygiene supplies inventory; places orders for supplies; verifies receipt of supplies
18. Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
19. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and
reviewing professional publications
20. Other duties as assigned
Arrow Dental seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Arrow Dental values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to demonstrate our commitment to diversity through all our business practices and invite applications from candidates that share our commitment to this diversity. Our diverse experiences and perspectives help us become a stronger organization. Let’s be better together.
1. A Registered Dental Hygienist and active Oregon License. American Dental Hygienist Association (ADHA) membership preferred.
2. Follows ADHA Professional Code of Ethics.
3. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, dental software experience helpful.
4. BLS for Healthcare Providers
5. Participate effectively as a team player.
5. Nitrous certification a plus.
6. Excellent reading, oral and written communication skills.
7. Ability to interact professionally, patiently and courteously.
8. Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
9. Ability to work well under pressure in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
10. Ability to come to work on time and on a daily basis.
11. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, dental software experience helpful.