Education is a key focus of the Academy.
Besides the Annual Conference, which the leadership offers each year in August at BYU, the Academy of LDS Dentists also encourages and supports the education each student receives on their own. To achieve the level of becoming a practicing dentist or hygienist is a major undertaking and a huge expense!
The Academy of LDS Dentists will award an increased number of $1,000 scholarships to dental students and a number of $500 scholarships to dental hygiene students, regardless of your undergraduate institutions.
Please NOTE: Due to the volume of applicants, there is only one scholarship given to a student during his/her time at school.
- Be a member “in good standing” in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. A letter of recommendation needs to be written by your current bishop/branch president just prior to your application;
- Have completed at least one year of dental school or dental hygienist school;
- Be a student member of the Academy of LDS Dentists. There is no charge. To register as a student member of the Academy, CLICK HERE;
- Complete the application form (below) including the Personal Comments Section on page two.
- Submit a current transcript from your school. An official transcript is preferred, but an unofficial transcript is acceptable.
The money awarded can be used any way the recipient desires. Criteria will be based on merit, financial need, and potential for contribution to the dental profession.
The deadline for scholarships is July 1, 2013*. The Executive Committee will be evaluating, with care, each application. Notifications will be made by the end of November 2013.
The 2013 applications will be accepted starting in April and the deadline will be July 1, 2013*.
* Please NOTE: Hygienists’ application deadline has changed to August 15, 2013.
Please download the appropriate application form:
If you have questions regarding the process, please email LDSDentists@gmail.com.