“Annual Conference” Scholarship Applications are
now being accepted from February 1st – March 31st.
DENTAL STUDENTS: Up to $1,000 annual conference reimbursement PLUS bonus scholarship check
Education is a key focus of the Academy, and the Annual Conference, sponsored by the Academy each year in August at BYU, is an excellent way to receive top-notch education, while developing friendships and enjoying fellowship with other members of the Academy in an environment which embraces the standards and values of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Dental school can be very expensive, creating financial difficulties for students in many areas, including being able to participate in additional educational opportunities, which can be very rewarding and life-changing for students. In order to facilitate dental students’ ability to participate in the Annual Conference, the Academy will again be offering the THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIP.
Dental students awarded this scholarship will be reimbursed up to $1,000 for conference expenses incurred while attending the 2016 Annual Conference (August 12-13) including: registration, airfare, rental car (or mileage for own car), hotel, and meals. This is an excellent opportunity to enjoy the benefits of coming to the Annual Conference without financial stress attached! The $1,000 can also go to cover expenses for spouse and/or children who attend the conference. NEW THIS YEAR: Students will also be awarded a bonus scholarship check at the conference.
Criteria will be based on merit, financial need, and potential for contribution to the dental profession.
DEADLINE for DENTAL STUDENT scholarship applications is MARCH 31, 2016. Select members of the Executive Committee will be evaluating with care, each application. Notifications to recipients will be made by May 15, 2016.
Candidates for the dental student scholarships must:
- Have completed at least two years of dental school before date of conference (current sophomore standing);
- Have received no previous Academy “annual conference” scholarship.
- Be a student member of the Academy of LDS Dentists. Membership is free of charge. To register as a student member of the Academy, CLICK HERE;
- Be a member “in good standing” in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. A letter of recommendation needs to be written by your current bishop/branch president as part of your application and e-mailed to the Academy.
- **If Non-LDS, agreement to abide by the BYU HONOR CODE is required (see application).
- Complete the application form online;
- Submit a current unofficial transcript from your school. (e-mailed to: scholarships@academyofLDSDentists.com by March 31, 2016.)
- Submit letter of recommendation from bishop/branch president. (e-mailed to: scholarships@academyofLDSDentists.com by March 31, 2016.)
To apply for the dental student “Annual Conference” scholarship, please click here:
DENTAL HYGIENE STUDENTS: $500 Scholarship – 2015 SCHOLARSHIPS HAVE BEEN AWARDED. PLEASE CHECK BACK IN MARCH FOR DETAILS ON THE 2016 DENTAL HYGIENE SCHOLARSHIP
If you have questions regarding the scholarship application process, you may contact Kathy Whittle at LDSDentists@gmail.com or 801.889.7012.